Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Plan with details now = suffer less later

Time to update our report again.
I'm doing the analysis for our survey result and during the process I started to realise how inefficient the questions that we made were.
Some questions were not detailed enough which cause ambiguity in the answers.

For instance the question
"How long do you usually take to travel from home to school?"
The travel time does affect how long students have to carry their bags BUT only in the case if they are walking or travelling by public transports with no seats. The question doesn't take into account factors like method of transportation which causes answers to be biased and I must say invalid. But... we just assume that majority of them are walking/taking public transportation to make their answers valid.

Another problem that I found is that I cannot make much comparison and linkage between all the questions. I suppose good survey questions are able to get answers that support/contrast each other.
It's a bit hard to do but I still can make some links :)

Lesson learned here: be clear and detailed with survey question to make analysis easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment