Wednesday, 21 August 2013






I found these postcards artwork when I shopped in IKEA last week and without too much thinking I grabbed them. I love this kind of artwork. The idea of combining animal and human being style is very unique plus on these artworks the animals are dressed quite fashionably, making it so much fun to be look at. The artist, Matt Dinniman, incorporated the western style of dressing up with other cultures style as well. For example the rabbit, it is dressed up with Egyptian Islamic red hat  and wearing a butterfly bow. Another one is the bear that is wearing a mix style of gypsy and broadway dancer. The owl, however, reminds me of the Mad Hatter style from the book Alice in the Wonderland!

I find it quite smart that the artist also use the animal's physical feature to suit the garments it is wearing, for instance the seal's face that has wrinkles and mustache (a.k.a whiskers) is dressed up like an old British man back in the 19th century

 = 
+


=


 = 
=

No comments:

Post a Comment