Sunday, 1 September 2013

Fun Learning!

Here I am again, posting things that inspire me. Decided to go to the Art Science Museum this afternoon with Jess and Sufi. Our Language Arts teacher highly recommended us to go and take a look what's happening there and I must say the exhibitions were fantastic! Visited all three exhibitions: the Mummy, the Eames and the National Geographic. I found inspiring photos taken by the expert photographers in the National Geographic exhibition. Here are some. My phone camera is not that good and it affects the colour here :(



Being too excited looking at the photos, I forgot to look at the photographers' names. Anyway, these photos are my favourites among other photos. I found these pictures fascinating because I feel like I could totally put myself in the photographer's situation looking at what's happening right in front of his/her eyes at that current time. There is the heat from the sun, there is the splash of water, the smell, the wind, the sound of people yelling, I can experience them all just by seeing their photos. Just by looking, I got transferred to alien places seeing the unusual scenes, connecting with strangers from different worlds. Just amazing!
Talking about photography, I also got to create my own photogram! In one of the workshops, I could experience creating photos in a dark room. I created this collaboration of objects I have on top of a sheet of light sensitive paper. When the light was exposed, the area that was not covered by the objects got burned. So this is the result! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment